"The creative person is both more primitive and more cultivated, more destructive, a lot madder and a lot saner, than the average person." F.Barron







Friday, March 12, 2010

Lady in Red

I can't sleep. It is way past my bedtime and I can't sleep. So I'm up playing with photoshop. I was cruising some new sites earlier. Since I am new to digital images and clipart, I love seeing what other people are able to create. I am amazed at what talented people are out there. I wish I could chat with some of them over coffee and say, "how do you do that?" "Where do you get your ideas?" "Where did you learn that?" But instead I return to the land of the self taught where trial and error is a tough task master. So my experiment began with a postcard from great-grandma Pearl's collection.
I have been drawn to this one. I love her dress. On the actual card it feels like satin. I went into Photoshop and used the quick selection tool to crop out the lady. I brightened up the white of her shirt and the whites of her eyes. I brightened up the reds a bit. Then I decided I would like her with blue eyes instead of brown, so I made that change, and touched up her lipstick. So here is the PNG of the lady in red. If anyone has tips they would like to share with me, please do. I love learning new things.

No comments: