"The creative person is both more primitive and more cultivated, more destructive, a lot madder and a lot saner, than the average person." F.Barron







Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My first Post and Past Work




This is my first post here at blogger. I wanted to share some examples of the work I do. 
This snowman was painted on an old cabinet door from The Restore. It was a Christmas gift for my mother.

I painted this on a metal platter I bought at a second hand store. I had a very hard time painting the angel's wings.
I painted this scene on a wood cheese box. I meant to keep this one for myself, but I ended up selling it.
I painted this Terrye French/Deb Richey design for a friend. It is on a milking stool from her family's farm.

These are both Terrye French designs. The America scene is painted on a flea market picnic basket I donated to charity. The birdhouses are on a metal bucket I turned into a planter. Terrye's designs are great. If you want to see more, go to her site: http://thepaintedpearbasket.com/.
This cute little guy is painted on an old barn board. One of my favorite surfaces to paint on. I wish I could remember the name of the designer. She is the same woman that designed the farm scene painted on the cheese box above.

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of what I do. Please share any of your own work. I love to see what other people create.

No comments: